Huw is currently working online only
Huw is a counsellor, psychotherapist and UKCP approved supervisor with over 33 years experience within the broader clinical and academic sector of mental health care. Huw provides prompt, positive, research informed, effective approaches to counselling and psychotherapy within the Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire area.
The benefits of working with Huw
Huw provide’s opportunities for developing successful and sustainable positive change to improve your life and relationships. Those Individuals experiencing, depression, anxiety, uncertainty, low self esteem, diminished confidence, low mood, relationship difficulties, family issues, bereavement and other related concerns, are those individuals that could most benefit from his input.
Huw Can Help With;
Huw Can Help With;
A previous senior lecturer, researcher and practitioner, Huw has actively contributed through paper and workshop presentation nationally. He is a registered Psychotherapist and approved Supervisor with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, Registered Psychodrama Practitioner, Trainer, Supervisor and Training Supervisor with the British Psychodrama Association, Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Huw has held previous roles of External Advisor for the MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University. Academic support and guidance for the MSc in Integrative Counselling, MA Dramatherapy, MA Supervision, MA Coaching with the Iron Mill Institute, MSc Integrative Dance Movement Therapy, Birmingham Centre for Arts Therapies, MScPsychodrama Psychotherapy, Oxford School of Psychodrama and Integrative Psychotherapy together with a range of Foundation Degree programmes in Counselling in Herefordshire, Warwickshire and Exeter.
- Would you like to move positively forward?
- Are you needing to feel ‘lighter’ and less troubled/worried?
- Do you need to be feeling more confident and in personal control?
- Would you like to be more in the driving seat of your life as opposed to the passenger seat?
Huw’s aim is to provide an outstanding service which concentrates on:
- The opportunity for developing positive forward movement
- Prompt appointment responses for individuals, couples, organisations and GP practices
- Fully accredited professional practice
- Respectful and confidential approach
- Cost effective and time efficient support
Please note his services are not suitable for emergency or mental health crisis need.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Huw hold’s a continuing commitment to best practice which is reflected through his ongoing professional development. He hold’s membership and accreditation to a number of Professional Registers.
Advanced training has included involvement with the Human Potential Research Project at the University of Surrey, external advisor to the MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Central England and additional training through the University of Wolverhampton and the Oxford School of Psychodrama and Integrative Psychotherapy.
He continue’s to contribute to a range of professional arenas and have been instigative in providing academic input to Post Graduate training within Dramatherapy, Dance Movement, Integrative Counselling, Psychodrama, Coaching and Supervision at Masters level.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse PIN: 82H1621E
- Diploma in Professional Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- BSc Hons Educational Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- Lecturer Practice/Educator Nursing and Midwifery Council. PIN 82H1621E
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- Foundation programme in Dramatherapy. University of Worcester
- Diploma in Psychodrama Psychotherapy. Oxford School of Psychodrama
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy PIN: 05157795
- Approved clinical supervisor with the UKCP